Problems With Dundees other Hand

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

yungblacdarippa
New User

Problems With Dundees other Hand

Post by yungblacdarippa »

hello when i try to create NPCs its says something about the template is missing or some shit can someone help me
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Problems With Dundees other Hand

Post by MuadDib »

You need to make sure you are giving the correct full template name.

Such as "gorilla" or, if it's in a package, include the package name like so ":pkgname:gorilla" like that, in order to create it correctly.
yungblacdarippa
New User

i tried that does Dundees other hand work with POL 097
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Yes
yungblacdarippa
New User

well like everytime i try to create NPCs it says for instance "error creating NPC [frostwolf] - > templete "frostwolf" not found is their something wrong with my UO i uninstalled and reinstalled or did i run the starthere file wrong i dont know
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Try creating a :brainai:frostwolf instead of just frostwolf
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

All definitions for your NPCTemplate name are given with the command .createnpc

Type only .createnpc

and a gump will appeir with a list of "group" that you can select. If you click a group you will have the full list of NPCTemplate name of that group. So if the NPCTemplate name is :ai_brain:alligator you'll have to type .createnpc :ai_brain:alligator to create an alligator. To note that :ai_brain reference is the package folder in which pol can find the npcdesc.cfg as mentionned by MuadDib.

To-Do: Dundee "doesn't support" distropol097 with the new display of .createnpc Instead it will load an alligator ( if it's your choice of course ^^ ) like the old way --> .createnpc alligator

--> You have 2 options. First option is to edit every entry of Dundee which is worth if you are serious about running a shard because it will take some time and energy ;). The second option is to move every entry of your package's npcdesc.cfg inside one and only file situated in distro097/config/npcdesc.cfg. That way, you won't have to type the package name before the npc name...

Anyway this is my 2 cents: First option is the best... The second option was intended to show you how it works.

Oh and personnaly, with the new interface of .createnpc I do not need Dundee anymore to create npcs. It does the samething..... but faster because it's in-game :(
yungblacdarippa
New User

thanks now one more question im having the same problem with house deeds and how do i get on horse 95 and 96 was alot easier
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

As you can notice distro097 is not yet completed. Few things like mounting creatures as not yet been scripted. The same occurs with house's deeds --> no item definitions for any working house deed added.

If you know a little how to work with the scripts, include and config I would suggest you to look at my tamed brainAI ( not completed ) but still a good start I think for anyone who would like to complete the tamed functionnalities. http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2607

But in one other way, even if distro097 is not yet completed I still believe it's the best script-base you can use to learn about pol and it's functions if that's your case. Everything is perfectly separated in the appropriate packages. A lot of descriptions given to get you started with any huge systems ( attributes, combat, brainAI, ... ), and highly professionnal work inside returning errors, better performances, while using all the possibilities that POL is able to offer ( See changelog.txt )

Note: Hopefully we can notice weekly if it's not daily updates to get both distro097 and core098 completed.