Strange crash

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

aktor
New User

Strange crash

Post by aktor »

Hi guys,

Having been a POL user (in the 095 and 096 days), I decided to load it again and see what's new. However, as soon as a client logs in, the server crashes. The reason I'm not posting this in the Bug Reports forum (yet), is because it might be something I'm missing. It's been awhile, after all :P

I'm using the UO Mondain's Legacy client (currently on patch 4.0.11c).
Using polcore .097
And using the full distro.

Did the uoconverts (with the extra-size ML brit map), compiled everything, etc. However, as soon as the server is up and I try login with the admin account, the console does the following:

Code: Select all

Client connected from 127.0.0.1 (1 connections)
Unhandled Exception! Minidump started...
Unhandled Exception! Minidump started...
I have the UOFeatureEnable in the servspecopt set to: UOFeatureEnable=0x1A0
(I tried editing the accounts.txt to make admin's account "ML" before starting the server, but that made no difference. It was on the T2A flag, as I believe all accounts are when first loading pol).

So all I can think of is maybe an outdated client (4.0.11c is kinda old.. that's what I have after installing ML but without patching it). However, surely an outdated client connecting shouldn't crash the server? I have the listener on the server set to "none" and I use Razor to connect. I should mention here that Razor loads 2D fine, but gives an error when trying to load 3D. So the question would be, if these problems are caused by the patch... up to where should we be patched to have a functional ML?

Can anyone please advise?
aktor
New User

Re: Strange crash

Post by aktor »

Update: Deleted all the distro scripts and replaced it with the "basic distro" scripts. Started the server, and I could log in, create characters, etc. So I put the full distro code back, and now all of a sudden it works, both on an unpatched client and one patched to 5.0.9.3.

Mystery :S
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

It has probably to do with some of Distros packethooks handling that clientversion together with ML wrong.

You could try to start Pol with distro and just disable all the packethooks from there and see what happens then. That way we maybe can narrow down the problem to where it is and fix it for the Distro.

And could you send that client to me with a PM here or attach in your next post so I can take a look at it.... ( too lazy to reinstall my ML atm. :D )
aktor
New User

Post by aktor »

Unfortunately I already patched my client to test it that way, so I don't have the original "fresh-out-the-box" client anymore. But if the crash occurs again I will definitely try narrow down which packethook is causing it and let you know.

(If it helps: It gave the same problem yesterday, but only when creating a new character. Logging in an existing one was fine).