Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

blackout121
New User

Post by blackout121 »

So, im trying to mess around see if i can do anything with scripting, I got the server up and running, I can log in onto my character, and if i use a command....create katana, destroy an item, whatever, the game sorta freezes on me and i have to relog, i can move about 3 steps and im stuck in position, please help me...

and if there is anyone who uses a scripting tool, if you could post it, id be grateful, but mainly need help with my first problem.
CWO
POL Expert

Re: log in, do something and freeze

Post by CWO »

Did you install any outside script packages and/or (especially) packethooks?
What client version are you using?
blackout121
New User

Post by blackout121 »

the only thing i did was unpacked the 097 distro and ran the start here, pulled the realms out, unpacked the maps and whatever else there was in that file, along with change servers.cfg and pol.cfg...im using client 6.0.12.4
dont really understand why its freezing, i do a command, move a couple steps and freeze in running position, i can still pathfind, but nothin else happens.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Did you try any older client versions? I know there's been quite a few changes to the communication in later clients that POL doesn't completely recognize on its own yet. Maybe try this client http://www.cwo333.com/client.zip I currently run this as the official client for my shard on 096. See if that helps.