0xF1 (UOGateway/UOConnect) core support

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Developer Silver
Apprentice Poster

0xF1 (UOGateway/UOConnect) core support

Post by Developer Silver »

In an old post (http://forums.polserver.com/sutra8094.php#8094) Muadib quoted a changelog never seen in official core-changes.txt: is this really implemented or not? :?
-- POL096.7 --
4-19 MuadDib
Added : Core support for replying to 0xF1 custom packet used by UOGateway and ConnectUO. None of the data is prefilled, so just use an outgoing packethook to fill this information however you wish :)
Using an UOGateway-style monitoring site, in console I see:
Client#nnnn (aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, Acct unknown) sent non-allowed message type f1.
even with an 0xF1 hook enabled! :shock:
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I asked Muad about that and he said it didn't make it to the core.
I believe UOG status uses packets 80 and 82.
MontuZ
Forum Regular

Post by MontuZ »

I don't much like UOConnect after I read a post muad made on their forums. I wont go into detail, but they seem like some cocky bastards.

I mean, sure showing how many players you have online is cool. But we can do that with POL without any need for a dumbass packet UOC requires to have implemented for server emulators in order to function with their site. UOG did it right and just sent a login request, UOC should be the same way.

Hehe, sorry I'm just ranting. I'm anti-uoc.
Developer Silver
Apprentice Poster

Post by Developer Silver »

We are using a custom site for shard monitoring, not UOG or UOC, but it requires 0xF1 request&response to collect shards info, and POL refuse to run my hook rejecting F1 messages... :?
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

From what I remember: Muad added that support into the core and I built the hook to send the correct information but it never worked right and we got some -very- strange issues.

Hopefully Muad will post here and clear things up as my memory is cloudy!