Tile Data Merge

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Marilla

Tile Data Merge

Post by Marilla »

Removed download. No longer available.
Last edited by Marilla on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Let me see if I understand you Marilla. This proggy will take my current custom tiledata.mul and merge that into the new tiledata.mul? We don't need a special "patch file" that only contains our custom tile pics? If my assumption is correct, how do you handle conflicts where my file might have pics in previously unused slots but have now become used with new pics by EA?

I hope I made sense there.
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

Basically, what this program does is patch in any new tile data entries that your tiledata does not already have. If your tile data already has an entry, it's not going to touch that entry at all, regardless what's in the new 'base' tile data. The principle there is, if you edited it, you meant to edit it.

On cases where there were conflicts with verdata-added items and newer EA items, you will have to modify those entries if you intend to revert to the old stuff; Tile Data Merge purposefully leaves all of your entries in your 'custom' tile data alone.

It's basically an easy way to 'mass patch' in the new tile data entries from EA if you've been working from an older tiledata.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

That sounds like a great tool. I have added lots to my tile data and gumpart files. New clothes and a few new weapons.

We need more tools like yours Marilla.