staff tools for pol99

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

satan
New User

staff tools for pol99

Post by satan »

are their any staff tools for pol99?
dundees other hand doesnt work and i can not find anything like that and i have been searching forever it seems like
satan
New User

Re: staff tools for pol99

Post by satan »

i was told maybe Nightscape Staff Assistant would work but i cant find it anywhere
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

The command bar in the top screen has replaced dundee's other hand. Personaly, 3rd party tools became obsolete since the creation of the command bar. Still, you could always attach a use script to a weapon which would then open the command bar if it's really what you're looking for...
bodom
Former Developer

Post by bodom »

It looks like I've forgot something O_o Which command bar are you referring to?
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

I refer to .cmdbar
satan
New User

Post by satan »

running some weird mix of zh scripts i guess, .cmdbar doesnt work, DoH doesnt work, DH doesnt work and cant find Nightscape Staff Assistant
such a pain in the ass to find every item id needed and spawn everything one command at a time
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

in-game, say .cmdbar and see in the header of your screen. You should find a command bar which will help you find all the text commands.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Unless you are running the "Distro" the .cmdbar command isn't available.

There are a lot of us who do not run the "Distro".

Source code for Nightscape Staff Assistant can be found here. As Danielle said in her post it may not meet all your needs without some modification to the program.
Last edited by Yukiko on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satan
New User

Post by satan »

i have downloaded it but i honestly have no idea how to get it to work, no exe or app file

i also read your comment on that link but it may as well be Chinese to me
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

The code is C# I think. It's the source code for the program and needs to be compiled using Visual Studio. The free version of Visual Studio should work to compile it. You will also need the List Creator/Editor compiled too. You use the List Editor to edit the NPC and Item lists used by the Staff Tool if I remember correctly. As I said it might need some modification to get it working with your shard. It is my intent to try to get it to work properly at some point. However, understand that I don't program in C or C#. Beside eScript, I only know BASIC, Pascal, and 6502 assembly language. That's the extent of my programming knowledge. So as you can see I have a learning curve to overcome.

I have compiled the code for the Staff Assistant (Hereafter referred to as SA) and tried to use it. Some functions seem to work or try to. I think Danielle's shard had some custom commands that mine doesn't have. So I would have to change the command SA sends to the client or I need to write the commands in eScript that SA tries to execute. Some buttons, the item and building buttons in particular generate exception errors.

I have attached a compiled version of the SA and the SA List Editor for you to play with. Keep in mind that I am not supporting these programs. If they do not function properly feel free to post any problems here but understand that I may not be able to fix them. As I mentioned above I do not yet have a working knowledge of the C language.

If I do any work on the programs I'll be sure to update the files.

[Edit: It appears the SA is written in Visual Basic rather than C#.]
Attachments
Staff Assistant List Editor.zip
The Nightscape Staff Assistant List Editor. You can use this to edit the item, building material, NPC, and Travel Location lists used by the Nightscape Styaff Assistant.
(371.11 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Staff Assistant.zip
Nightscape Staff Assistant - possible DoH replacement.
(583.61 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
satan
New User

Post by satan »

thank you, it works some commands dont but what does it useful :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If you can wait a day or two I will be posting an update to the Staff Assistant along with scripts to work with it.

Watch this forum POL Tools for a new thread for the update.