Runtest's Other Hand

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Runtest's Other Hand

Post by runtest »

Runtest's Other Hand Alpha 0.0.1
Please excuse my grammar. I am very tired. Long days here lately.

Requirements:

.NET Framework 3.5
Ultima Online Directory (With Art MULS Ect.)
This Is Built For POL98 Distro (I Will Add A Selection Menu When I Get The Exporter Working Perfectly)

I started off smaller than the original product, but I would rather get something up before anything else happens to me again.

Hey, Dundee's Other Hand was getting a bit outdated and did not work with my friends (nor my) Windows 7 machine. So time to update. This tool has a very distinct feature! I needed a tool that would import all the custom items from a standard POL shard. Here is the deal.

Under the 'POL Server Exporter' section, choose the pol directory. Then click 'create xml'. This will create 2 xmls. A 'npcs.xml' and a 'items.xml'. Click 'Export XML' to drop these two files in any directory that you choose. You can then distribute these to your staff. They can click 'Import XML' and this will install the ITEMS and NPC database to their tool.

I created this for my shard but I thought it could help others. IT WILL HAVE BUGS! This is just an alpha but I am distributing it now for feed back.

The exporter is NOT perfect. To be quite frank I SUCK with RegEX. But it works very well for what we want. If I blow the project to the side I will make sure the source is available.
Attachments
ROH.rar
Be gentle. This is an Alpha.
(222.71 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Last edited by runtest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Runtest's Other Hand

Post by runtest »

OH and the best part. The file is NOT corrupt! :deadhorse:
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Runtest's Other Hand

Post by runtest »

If you can not get it to run or have any exceptions, please post:

YOUR:

.NET Framework Build