In game staff tool?

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Damien White
Journeyman Poster

In game staff tool?

Post by Damien White »

I was wondering what in game tool seems to be the most popullar these days.

I tried Doh, but it seems it can't find any of my UO paths, I am guessing that's a vista issue. If anyone has any feedback on this I would be most greatful. As I am an old fan of Doh.

However if something newer/better is out there, I couldn't seem to find it here.

Thanks in advance to any responses.
Damien.
Journeyman Poster

Re: In game staff tool?

Post by Damien. »

Hello Damien :cheers:
I think DoH is the only tool that got command buttons (correct me if I'm wrong), however UOFiddler is absolutely awesome aswell, since it allows you to customize alot. Check it out. Also there is an command bar included in 097+ releases, which allows you to trigger some commands via, well, the gump. I am not completely sure what you mean with an in-game staff tool tho.. POL already got a bunch of useful systems.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Well met;

It's been a while since i've been on the POL scene. So DoH is really the only in game commandline tool I am familiar with. I kinda like it more then CentrED (which only seems to do item placement anyways), as it allows you to make all world adjustments in game for freezing at a later time.

I also liked the fact that all the .DOT commands (well most of the practicle ones) were in a program that did not interfere with the UO client interface, unlike the new gump system as you mentioned earlier.

The community has really changed since POL .94/.95.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

The initial idea behind the plugin system of UOFiddler was to create a DoH replacement (looks at Nando), would be no problem to create it. Fiddler can read the current coords of the client it can send text to the client (eg textcmds), you have access to the itemview through the plugin interface, the only thing missing are the buttons for the txtcmds like DoH.
Btw an auxconnect with custom scriptset would also be no problem if you want to do more complicated stuff.

Still missing is a guy who scripts it.... :)
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Wow!

That is very interesting stuff. I am going to have to take a much closer look at this UOFiddler...

Would you happen to know where one might find for support to this application? (Like anyone who is designing and posting plugins)

And please accept my heart felt thanks for all your support.

[Edit]
Okay, took a closer look...

When it comes to world design and stuff, it's true UO Fiddler is very good. I can't seem to figure out how to place an item using the cursor, rather then dropping it where I stand. I wonder if i should just rewrite the .create command....hmmmm....

[Edit]
Took an even closer look and found the xml file where this is defined. Just took a little while, thus my original request for a support site. Thanks none-the-less.