StaticFix V0.1

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

StaticFix V0.1

Post by Pierce »

I think this file was missing here:
StaticFix v0.1
Author: Mithril
Created: 09-20-03

StaticFix will read in your static files, allow you to remove invalid and duplicate statics and then write out new static files. This program was created as a result of pol096's uoconvert utility not liking the statics for my shard ( Sanctuary ) even after running UO Static Files Fixer. My assumption is that UO Static Files Fixer doesn't check for and remove invalid static object ID numbers, but who knows, I didn't write that one :)

StaticFix is pretty simple to use. Place the program anywhere you like ( in a folder with your static files is the best place as the program first looks in its working directory for the files ) and double click it ( this program requires the .NET Framework in order to run ). Under the file menu, select Open Statics and it will first ask you locate your static index file, usually staidx0.mul, and then will ask you for your static data file, usually statics0.mul. Note that I have only used this program with staidx0.mul and statics0.mul files. I believe these are the Felucca realm files. I have heard that the other ones may possibly use a different number of static blocks, so this program will not work with them as it is set for the size of Feluccas map.

Once the program has loaded in your statics files, it will tell you how many total statics it loaded and will activate the Run Filters and Save buttons. Hitting save now will save out the statics it loaded to a new file without running any of the filters on them. Typically you will wait till you have run one or more filters before you save your files as, right now, saving disables the Run Filters button. If I update the program later, I will probably make it so you can reset the states so you can rerun filters and reload the statics.

The next step then is to filter your statics. the program currently comes with two filters, both of which are optional, should you decide you do not wish to run one of them. The Filters pulldown menu allows you to choose which filters you would like to have run. All Filters will choose both invalid and duplicates, choosing one of filters individually will deactivate All Filters and will choose just that filter. You may select both filters in this fashion.

Once you have decided on which filters you want to run, Simply click on the Run Filters button. If will run whatever filters you selected and will then tell you when it has completed each and will update the Static Data area with updated information. when the filter run is complete, it will then tally the remaining number of static items.

At this point, assuming no errors have occured, you may click the Save button and it will save out your newly cleaned static data to a new set of files in the same path as the ones you opened with a ".clean" extension. Simply rename these files as you require and hopefully all will be well with the world and uoconvert!

Please note: I make no claims as to the stability or accuracy of this program. It has worked for me so far and so I felt like I should share it as I heard other people were having the same problems. I will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the use of this program and make no guarantees about results or usability.
Attachments
StaticFixv0.1.zip
Mithril's Static file fixer
(12.62 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Grem
New User

Re: StaticFix V0.1

Post by Grem »

good program ! senk !
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Pierce,

So using the duplicates filter this will remove duplicate items at locations, ie. say the same wall segment located at the same x, y, z coordinates?
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

This doesnt seem to work with stati files for ML sized maps.

I get the error message boundary out of index or something similar to that.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

@Yukiko:
Oops sorry, i didn't see that question until now :(
I didn't write that program, but i think it will do exactly that.
I only used this ones when uoconvert doesn't want to convert my map for 96 and
the UOSFF (static file fixer) doesn't solve the problem. After running StaticFix with
both filters it worked and i never had that problem again.

@Tomi:
This could be because that program was written before ML came out.
Perhaps Mithril is around here and could give a version for ML maps with an extended
width of 7168. I simply don't know ;)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Dunno if Mith is still around or not either. Although I would love the source code, to include a version of this in the POLUtils.DLL UOConvert Class. ;)