eScripter

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

s

eScripter

Post by s »

Hi.

I was made another scripting tool wich i called eScripter. It's still early beta version but many of my friends are using it. If you want just download it and send any bug reports to me and i'll fix them soon as possible.

Here is the eScripter's site http://escripter.ovh.org/

Feel free to use it.

PS.

I'm terribly sorry fo my english ;/ My native language is polish.

With regards - s
Repsak
Master Poster

Post by Repsak »

Kind of hard to try, when you dont know what "Download" is called in Polish.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

umm... upper right Repsak..

Edit: http://escripter.ovh.org/index.php?lang=en
s

Post by s »

Thanks CWO. I have to fix this www bug ;[ for now I changed defaut site language to english.

With regards - s
Repsak
Master Poster

Post by Repsak »

How about also making english the default lang for the application, after it does take some time to seach the menu for "menuLangMgr Menad¿er t³umaczeñ".

Looking forward to try it out.
Repsak
Master Poster

Post by Repsak »

Seems there is still a few labels that need translation to Eng.
1. Tool tipss (move mouse over icon)
2. Open a .src file, and u will notice that "przegl'darke projektu" and "przegl'darke plikow" is missing eng labels.
3. At the buttom "Wstawiaj" and "zmodyfikowany" is missing labels too.
4. Tools->configuration is also missing a few labels.
5. Open a .src file, edit then close before saving and u will see another missing label.

Im not sure if its a bug, but when I click "Main parameters" and "Main configuration" in Tools->configuration, empty pages are shown.

Looks nice, so I hope you will start it up in english mode, and check the labels in general.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

Nice website, program is nice-looking too. The editor looks a lot like Scintilla.
s

Post by s »

Repsak, yup there is some labels missed in translation table. And bug with storing chosen language is fixed. Will be released with next version.

tekproxy, what is Scintilla ?

With regards - s
Haos
New User

Post by Haos »

Yeah... and i`m waiting for those strings almost two weeks or so... When will send them?

As soon as i get them, eng version will be ready.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Scintilla is an editor. Scite from Etherria shard is written around it. If anyone wants a copy of Acite and cannot find it on Etherria's site, let me know. It supports syntax highlighting, code folding, compiling from within the editor and best of all, no install proggy. Just double click the exe and it runs. Windows platform is the only version I know of.
Barbeirosa

Post by Barbeirosa »

Are you talking about SciTE ( http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html )? I wasn't aware SciTE was 'from' the Etherria shard.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

Scintilla is an open-sourced text editor and there are a lot of modifications of it that exist out there, like Notepad2. The fonts and the layout reminded me of Scintilla (Scintilla Text Editor = SciTE).
Yukiko wrote:Scite from Etherria shard is written around it.
The verb "is" can not be found between "Scite" and "from Etherria", so it's difficult for me to assume Yukiko is saying Scite is from Etherria. I am uncertain as to what "it" refers, but I understand the meaning of the sentence.
shadowstalker
New User

Post by shadowstalker »

I'm sorry but my previous forum account was blocked after profile update and I have no activation email, so I created new one.
Haos wrote:Yeah... and i`m waiting for those strings almost two weeks or so... When will send them?

As soon as i get them, eng version will be ready.
I have some priorities in my whortless existence: family, work, my Free Shard project , eScripter :) I'm sorry for delays but you know ... lack of time.

Yukiko, tekproxy : what a nice editor. If I knew it before I've started eScripter project ... * counting time which can be saved *.

For now new version of eScripter will be available soon :)

With regards - s.

PS.

Once again I'm sorry for my english.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Great work on the Editor mate.

One thing to consider, mind checking this method out?

http://portableapps.com

I only say for 2 reasons. PortableApps rocks, and gets your app out more (plus POL, hehehe) :)
shadowstalker
New User

Post by shadowstalker »

;]

It should not be dificult. I'll see what I can do after releasing stable version od eScripter.

With regards - s.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Note to Tek,

I wasn't sure where Scintilla originated. I knew of Scite that Etherria had made available for download. Didn't know that Scite was infact Scintilla. Thought it was a work written around Scintilla. My apologies to Scintilla developers for the error.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

For those interested here is the Scintilla website: http://www.scintilla.org/

It should be noted that from there you can find a link to download Scite and in the escript properties file which comes with the official Scintilla release of Scite there is this reference to where the ecompile.exe resides:
# the directory of the ecompile.exe
ECOMPILEHOME=C:\Daten\Code\CVS Workspace\etheria-pol095\scripts

So it is easy to see how one could assume that Scite was the product of the developers at Etheria Shard.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

Yukiko:
It's an understandable misconception! :) I didn't understand your sentence because I assumed you knew Scite was from Scintilla. I'd mention something vague yet insightful about how I wish some people around the forums were more helpful and friendly and less condescending but that could insight some cleverly written half-page post with quotes, bolds and italics proving how stupid I am. 8)

shadowstalker:
Yes, portable is good. I used to think I was the only one that was weird about having an installer for something that I really just wanted to run for a few minutes to test it out. It's kind of a hassle to uninstall stuff, that and I don't know how through the uninstaller is. "Is it leaving the files on my computer? Is it leaving registry keys too?", and I don't know exactly what files/keys it's installing either. I remember when I found out I wasn't alone, too. I think it was Yukiko who was saying something about some other software like "It's good because it's just an .exe" :razz:
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

You're right that you're helpful and you do a good job making your posts accurate. Friendly is a combination of helpful and nice!
shadowstalker
New User

Post by shadowstalker »

tekproxy:
Yup, potrable is very nice and clever ;] As i said before it isn't so hard to make softare to be compatibile with it. So eScripter will be portable ;]

Also don't worry about eScripter, there is unistall program. But especially for you I'll check if he can clean all files he maked with the next release of beta ;)

With regards - s.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Not to mention condescending and rude makes the devs ignore you :)
shadowstalker
New User

Post by shadowstalker »

huh ;[

I'm not sure what do you mean MuadDib because i've found 3 meaning of condescending and 10 of rude in my dictionary. All of them says that you think I'm exalting above others and I'm scoffing from you all.

I'm sorry i think it's my english ;[ I just wanted to be helpful (maybe not for you - POL EScript masters, dev masters lateva) for those which have troubles with using notepad and cmd fo scripting, and I just wanted to ensure them to know that the eScripter project won't be closed till POL live. That's all.

Again I'm sorry if I hurt someone, and again apologize for my english. To avoid further misunderstanging me I'll just shut up my mouth :X and I'll concetrate on eScripter developing.

With regard - s.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

He's not talking to anyone in particular, especially not you. ;)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

lol shadowstalker. No, not pointing fingers or naming names. Just saying that in general. ;)
shadowstalker
New User

Post by shadowstalker »

:oops: