How can I migrate Sphere's multis to POL?

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Serpicus
New User

How can I migrate Sphere's multis to POL?

Post by Serpicus »

I know, I'm an eretic.

But, the builders of my shard create a lot of multis on a local Sphere server, using Axis.
Now, can they migrate that multis to our POL server? If the answer is yes... how?
SMJ
Grandmaster Poster

Post by SMJ »

Sphere makes no sense to me; but I'm pretty sure that there's no automated way to move things from Sphere to POL; that you'd have to do it manually.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

If you are referring to the multi.mul and idx files, just use UOConvert of them to create the appropriate files. Same as for OSI files.

Now, you WILL have to adjust any scripts for housing of course, if needed. I know a lot out there write the "footprint" of the house dimensions as a cprop to the multi. Would need to adjust that as needed for the house sizes, but that's just for that script. nothing special or out of the ordinary there. That had to be done for the OSI houses if the script does it anyway.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Actually, just checked.....

multi.footprint does exist, so you can get the footprint that way instead of having to measure and everything else. :D