Search found 2349 matches

by Yukiko
Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: A question about the 'decayat' member.
Replies: 2
Views: 18

Re: A question about the 'decayat' member.

Ok. Good to know. That means that if I have an item I want to set decayat 0 then I will need to attach a control script to reset the decayat if I want the item to decay later.

This behavior seems a bit inconsistent. I would think POL would reset decayat upon dropping the item in the world.
by Yukiko
Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 pm
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: A question about the 'decayat' member.
Replies: 2
Views: 18

A question about the 'decayat' member.

While I was working on the crafting system upgrade to the Distro (Yes. I am still working on it.) I had dropped 2 barracuda on the ground. One decayed as expected. One, however, remains after more than a week. I found this puzzling. Tonight I checked the value of the decayat member and it was 0. Thi...
by Yukiko
Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm
Forum: UO Tools
Topic: Essence UCS
Replies: 52
Views: 5292

Re: Essence UCS

I stand corrected. I think the "Essence" name being attached to both projects was where I got confused.

My sincere apologies for the mistake.
by Yukiko
Thu May 24, 2018 2:23 pm
Forum: UO Tools
Topic: Essence UCS
Replies: 52
Views: 5292

Re: Essence UCS

Post continued... Application Controller Code: http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/essence-udk/repository/entry/EssenceUDK.Application/ApplicationController.cs Screen shot: http://hopelives.us/Images/Temp/Application_Controller_code.jpg Main Wiki Page: http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/essence-udk/wiki Scre...
by Yukiko
Thu May 24, 2018 2:23 pm
Forum: UO Tools
Topic: Essence UCS
Replies: 52
Views: 5292

Re: Essence UCS

I found the original Overview and source code using Google. I am including screen shots of the web pages below. Granted the GitHub repo has not had any commits or modifications since 2017 but apparently it was open source up until 2017-08-16. The last change was made by StaticZ, I assume that would ...
by Yukiko
Mon May 21, 2018 11:41 am
Forum: Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Topic: Add optional support for cliloc item names, a better idea.
Replies: 1
Views: 90

Re: Add optional support for cliloc item names, a better idea.

As no one posted an objection to this, in fact no one even commented at all, I took the liberty of asking Turley what his thoughts were and he said that adding more cliloc messaging to POL is being looked at. So this might actually be implemented. If so I think it should be an option that is enabled...
by Yukiko
Fri May 18, 2018 3:57 pm
Forum: UO Tools
Topic: Essence UCS
Replies: 52
Views: 5292

Re: Essence UCS

I am curious StaticZ why Essence was open source until 2015 and then it went closed source. I could understand if it was closed to begin with you might want to keep it closed but it started open. Your argument that you are afraid of hacking does not make sense. Linux is open source. Apache is open s...
by Yukiko
Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Speedhack
Replies: 5
Views: 101

Re: Speedhack

Thank you CEO.
by Yukiko
Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Speedhack
Replies: 5
Views: 101

Re: Speedhack

Thanks RusseL. I have never tested the speed hack prevention in POL.
by Yukiko
Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Speedhack
Replies: 5
Views: 101

Re: Speedhack

At some point in POL's development, probably POL 098.2, Turley implemented speed hack prevention. In servspecopt.cfg there are 5 settings for this. If you are using POL 098.2 or later and your servspectopt.cfg file located in the main config directory does not have these settings you can copy and pa...
by Yukiko
Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Forum: POL Tools
Topic: Announcing the POL Configurator!
Replies: 33
Views: 1571

Re: Announcing the POL Configurator!

Ooops! In the recent update to the Configurator I accidentally compiled an interim version that had a soon to be finished new feature, Server Log-in Configuration settings, on the Server Settings tab. THIS FEATURE IS NOT WORKING yet. It will not save those settings to servers.cfg. So for now servers...
by Yukiko
Mon May 14, 2018 4:48 pm
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: CreateMulti txtcommand
Replies: 11
Views: 132

Re: CreateMulti txtcommand

What I recommend is setting up a test server with POL 099.1 and the Distro.Add your custom building to the Distro housing package and use your modified client to log in and attempt to place your house in a that test server. If it works then it is an issue with the obsolete Core you are using. Though...
by Yukiko
Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: CreateMulti txtcommand
Replies: 11
Views: 132

Re: CreateMulti txtcommand

According to the docs CreateMultiAtLocation requires the ObjType or the Name member for the multi not the multi ID that you find in UO Fiddler. Here is part of my itemdesc.cfg file in my housing package where I have the various multi houses defined: House 0x16060 { Name smallstoneandplasterhouse Gra...
by Yukiko
Sun May 06, 2018 1:02 am
Forum: POL Tools
Topic: Announcing the POL Configurator!
Replies: 33
Views: 1571

Re: Announcing the POL Configurator!

New version released, 1.7.0.0.
This reply is merely to flag this thread as unread to bring the new release to the attention of forum users.
by Yukiko
Sat May 05, 2018 10:01 am
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: Simple Problem: Remain Hidden after using an object.
Replies: 3
Views: 97

Re: Simple Problem: Remain Hidden after using an object.

Thank you for posting your solution. It might help others who have a similar problem.
by Yukiko
Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 am
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: Plual names question.
Replies: 2
Views: 71

Re: Plual names question.

Thank you Turley.
by Yukiko
Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm
Forum: Scripting Help
Topic: Plual names question.
Replies: 2
Views: 71

Plual names question.

I know how to pluralize a name under normal circumstances.

Name pear%s%

But I have an item where the end of the word changes depending on whether it is singular or plural.
For example, the word leaf (singular) and leaves (plural). Does POL have a way to handle words such as that?
by Yukiko
Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 pm
Forum: Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Topic: Add optional support for cliloc item names, a better idea.
Replies: 1
Views: 90

Add optional support for cliloc item names, a better idea.

This post replaces my previous feature request, the optional DescCL member in itemdesc files. This feature request still involves sending cliloc numbers for item names rather than alpha character strings. This method is much easier on shard developers than my previous idea because with this method t...
by Yukiko
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm
Forum: Contributed Scripts & Packages
Topic: Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.
Replies: 7
Views: 274

Re: Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.

Version 1.1 of the OrionClient package released. This is a very small update. I added CoreRequired 99 to the pkg.cfg file. This is to try to prevent this package from being implemented on shards using a version of POL that does not know to look in a package's config folder for config files, such as ...
by Yukiko
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am
Forum: Contributed Scripts & Packages
Topic: Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.
Replies: 7
Views: 274

Re: Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.

In a PM Ghibli1983 told me he is using POL 093. If anyone is using OBSOLETE Cores this package will not work without a little modification and may not work even with modifying it. If you are using an obsolete Core and having trouble with the scripts reading the settings file, move the settings.cfg f...
by Yukiko
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:35 am
Forum: Current development (100)
Topic: POL 100 Roadmap.
Replies: 2
Views: 79

Re: POL 100 Roadmap.

Added Bodom's work to the list.
by Yukiko
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 am
Forum: Current development (100)
Topic: Our "favourite" eCompile errors.
Replies: 3
Views: 107

Re: Our "favourite" eCompile errors.

Another favourite of mine: EScript Compiler v1.13 Copyright (C) 1993-2018 Eric N. Swanson Compiling: D:\GitHub\DistroDev\pkg\commands\test\target.src Non-identifier declared as a variable: 'playmusic' Token: Func(2,12): playmusic Error compiling statement at D:\GitHub\DistroDev\pkg\commands\test\tar...
by Yukiko
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:11 am
Forum: Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Topic: Elevate "area" events to UObject.
Replies: 1
Views: 78

Elevate "area" events to UObject.

Elevate SYSEVENT_ENTEREDAREA and SYSEVENT_LEFTAREA to UObject or if not that add them laterally to item objects. For years I have wondered why this is restricted to only NPCs. I cannot see any disadvantage to giving these events to all UObjects or at the very least adding them to the item object. I ...
by Yukiko
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 pm
Forum: Current development (100)
Topic: Our "favourite" eCompile errors.
Replies: 3
Views: 107

Our "favourite" eCompile errors.

This thread is intended for posting those cryptic or hard to understand eCompile errors. I invite everyone to post errors you have received from eCompile that just did not make sense or did not do a reasonable job of communicating the nature of the error. Please try to avoid posting duplicate errors...
by Yukiko
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:20 pm
Forum: Current development (100)
Topic: POL 100 Roadmap.
Replies: 2
Views: 79

POL 100 Roadmap.

As no one else had the desire to post this, obviously if they had it would have been posted already, :) I decided to post a roadmap for POL 100. Here are the items I gleaned from an earlier thread with some more that came to mind: 1. The coin amounts not showing up in the secure trading gump. Tomi p...